AAA VINTAGE POSTERS – HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR POSTERS
Once you’ve decided you would like to sell
or consign your posters with AAA Vintage Posters:
1. Before submitting any posters please either call us at (657) 888-4170 or email us to let us know exactly what you are sending. We need to make sure they are posters we are interested in. You can send us an email with a list including the title, year, and size of each poster.
2. Please provide your name, address, email, and phone number and send it along with your posters to:
AAA Vintage Posters
19051 Goldenwest St. Suite 106.
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
3. Please tell us exactly what you are submitting your posters for: CASH Offer, Auction Consignment, Fixed Price On Site Consignment, or Authentication. If you are not sure, please say so.
4. Package them securely. The safest way to ship valuable posters is by U.S. REGISTERED INSURED MAIL. When a package is shipped Registered, every person who handles it within the postal system MUST sign for it. Insure it for whatever you think your posters are worth. When you ship REGISTERED, every seal on the package MUST be covered with brown packing tape or the post office will not accept it.
5. Usually, we will process and auction only your posters that we believe will sell for at least $200.00. Your lesser valued posters will be sent back to you or we can make you a cash offer.
7. IF YOUR POSTER IS FRAMED – WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND REMOVING IT FROM THE FRAME BEFORE SHIPPING IT TO US.
Why? There are several reasons:
1. Because it will be very heavy and cost you a lot to ship it to us (if it is a one sheet or larger). Smaller posters like half sheets and inserts can usually be shipped safely and affordably if framed with plastic/Plexiglas.
2. If it is in a glass frame, the glass will most likely break during shipping and ruin the poster.
3. Most people will not buy a poster that is already framed, they need to see its condition first (is it linen backed? is it dry mounted?) and you just can’t tell these things when it is in a frame.
We understand that you may have spent a small fortune framing your item. It may have museum glass and a very elaborate frame that was not cheap. Unfortunately, any potential new owner does not care what you spent on the frame and glass. They will only be interested in the poster and its condition. Also, if it is framed in glass (not plastic/Plexiglas) we will not even attempt to ship it. The risk of damage is too great. Glass can very easily crack during shipping, and if this happens, pieces of the glass can slide across the poster scratching and ruining it.
4. If your posters have been dry mounted to foam core or cardboard, please call us. Most collectors consider these to be ruined. There are exceptions if it is a very valuable poster.
5. Anyone is welcome to send us their posters at any time. After we receive them and have discussed them with you, in the unlikely event that you do not wish to sell us your posters or have us sell them for you, we will gladly ship them back to you.
6. If you have any questions, please call Steve at (657) 888-4170.
7. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO ENCLOSE ALL OF YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION!
Name, Address, Phone Number and Email Address.